Monday, October 17, 2011

Grocery Shopping

Two weeks ago, I went to 4 different grocery stores.  I probably could have gone to 2 more stores but something about 6 grocery stores in 5 days seemed a bit ridiculous.  At one store, I did some pantry stocking but not with menu planning in mind.  However, when I put the meat away, I realized that I have the habit of stockpiling food and then not using it before it goes bad.  So this past week, I didn't go to the grocery store.  This would have been fine if I had done a slightly better shopping or make more  interesting things from chicken.  The only thing I could have gone to the store for was milk.

I found it much harder thank I expected to NOT have the option of going to the store when what I planned for dinner sounded yucky. My husband always knows when it is the end of the week because I have to go the grocery store for things I forgot or didn't purchase because I wanted them to be fresh for the weekend.  So this experiment was either about better list creation or about using things in the pantry.  I'm not really sure but either way I'll have an empty freezer and a depleted pantry.  Both will be good things.   

No comments:

Post a Comment