Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Thing week of October 3

Okay, I'm cheating a little but since it was the reason I decided to make this blog I think it should count. 

I made this coconut cake .  I was really looking forward to eating a coconut cake that wasn't German chocolate cake.  I had been sitting on the recipe for several weeks, bought all the ingredients, and really wanted some cake.  But for some reason I couldn't get off my lazy butt and do something.  That's when I said, I need to do something rather than whine about what I'm NOT doing.  Thus, it is an experiment of sorts. Later that week I made the stupid cake.  And it came out only okay.  Not great, not awesome, not omg the best cake I've ever eaten.  But okay.  It wasn't the coconut explosion I was hoping for, but it did lead to me figuring out some why to make the idea of  deployment of my husband a little more manageable.  Now I have something to focus on that isn't just my kids and how lonely it is at night especially during the "witching hour".

No comments:

Post a Comment